Thursday, March 12, 2015

St. Baldricks

For #ThrowBackThrusday I thought I'd take it back to when I had the opportunity to be the hairstylist for an event hosted by the St. Baldrick's Foundation. It was an amazing opportunity to help out with such a great charity. Who wouldn't want to help children with cancer??
This foundation encourages people to shave their heads in solidarity with cancer patients. Once they decide to shave their heads they get their friends and family to donate money for doing so. "Hey how much would you pay to get me to shave my head?" kind of thing. The proceeds go to childhood cancer research because research saves lives!
Among the 9 volunteers we had four lovely ladies volunteering to undergo the shave! I've donated my hair plenty of times, but to actually shave all of it? I don't know if I would have the guts to actually do it! These ladies are so selfless and inspiring! I was honored to meet them and be a part of this.
 
By the end of the day I was swimming in hair!
More information about St. Baldrick's || Here ||
Check it out, you can make a difference! Xo,


4 comments:

  1. Love this post, and it's so awesome that so many people were willing to shave their heads to help cancer patients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

);