Thursday, February 19, 2015

Cambodia Part 3

We did two little road trips when we when to Cambodia, one was to Siem Reap and the other one was to Sihanoukville (yea...couldn't really tell you how to pronounce it). This trip was only a 4 hour drive and we packed about 17 other family members in our van with us. Sihanoukville is a province right off the gulf of Thailand and its amazing! The water was the perfect temperature, I was in heaven! We spent our time swimming, eating fresh sea food, playing volleyball and boating around tiny islands off the coast. I'm obsessed with beautiful mountains and I don't think I could live anywhere without them.....unless the trade off was the ocean. *Sigh* ...how I love the beach!

Between out little road trips we spent our time in Oudong, staying with family. There are so many fun things to do and beautiful things to be seen in Oudong!
|| Temples on Phnom Oudong||  
Visiting my grandfathers tomb // Joel's new friend
|| Joel playing soccer with the locals ||

But by far the best thing we did on our trip is spend time with family! Seven years is far too long to go without seeing your family. I'm so happy that they got to meet Joel, they loved him and he felt the same. It's a little tricky to have a super close relationship with the distance and the language barrier. Even without being able to communicate very well I still know they love me and I hope I've done enough to show them how much I care for them. I just wish so badly I could bring all of them to America with me! They treated us so well and I really hope we can make this trip more often to see all of them.

You know when you just finish a really good book and your way sad its over? Thats how I felt coming home. Cambodia was wonderful and I love this cute family of mine! Xo

5 comments:

  1. Love the pics baown! I'm really loving your blog! I'm so proud of you! I'm excited for our Cambodia trip his year!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reathanak! Im excited for you! It will be so fun! You'll have to tell me all about it when you get back! Love you!!

      Delete
  2. that looks like heaven on earth!!! Love the ladies with peace sign haha so cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing vacation!! Looks like you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you, my sweet baown Syna! This looked soooo FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete

);