Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Killer Nails

I love halloween for many reasons, one being that everyones inner crazy comes out around this time! As I was perusing Pinterest I saw tons of awesome nails of some of our favorite slasher villains. So of course I had to try it out. Let me know if I nailed it or if it's another Pinterest fail! 

My Inspiration:
Bloody Nails & Villains
All Images above from Pinterest

 || My Nails ||
Top Row: Stephen King's It, Hannibal Lecter, & The Joker from the Dark Knight
Bottom Row: Friday the 13th's Jason, Freddy Krueger, Jigsaw from the Saw Movies, & Scream's Ghostface (& blood nails in-between)

I really like the look of the splattered blood but the dripping look is a lot less messy! HannahRoxNails has awesome tutorial videos. She did this Cartoon Drip video last year. I remember watching it before and knew exactly how to do the blood. 

I couldn't think of an easy way to do Freddy Krueger's face so I settled with his stripped sweater and slashes, but I knew I had to include him. When I was younger I thought he was so cleaver because he got you in your dreams! (This was all back in my rated R movie days.) I so wanted to be his friend haha don't judge me...

Everyone has their own style with nail art. My killers are defiantly more cartoony and simple. I free handed all the nails using either a dotting tool, tooth picks and Q-tips. 

I mainly used my dotting tool for just about everything. For the joker's smile I drew it on with my doting tool and then drug out jagged pieces with a toothpick. I also used a tooth pick for Jigsaw's cheeks and the lines below his mouth.  I used a Q-tip for the Joker and It's hair and for clean up. If you break each look down its pretty simple and so much fun! 

Happy Painting! Xo,

5 comments:

  1. CUTE! I'm officially inspired to paint my nails! (its been a while) hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love halloween and painted nails! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Aint nobody got time for dat!"

    Haha these are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These seriously rock Syna! Love them

    ReplyDelete

);