Thursday, August 14, 2014

     I love road trips! Me and Joel try to go on little road trips as often as we can. I just love driving around with the hubby, seeing beautiful sights, singing and dancing in the car like a fool. (He does great impressions of sappy country singers.) One of our little road tip traditions is to make Poppy Cock.

 I got the recipe from my adorable friend Rachel and this stuff is so addicting! I've never had drugs before but Im guessing its gotta be as good as Poppy Cock or else why would people want something that's so bad for you? Well this is pretty bad as well, its definitely not a low cal snack...





What You'll Need:
1 box of Rice Chex
1 cup of slivered almonds
1 cup of chopped pecans
1 cup cocnut flakes
3/4-1 Cup butter (depending on how gooey you want it)
1 cup Light Karo Syrup
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

This is super easy!
Mix the Rice Chex and all the nuts together in a large bow and set it aside.

Then melt together all the remaining ingredients.
Let boil for 3 minutes and stir frequently.
It should looks like this...
Does this remind you of boogers too or am I just weird?

Anyway while its still hot just pour the liquid mixture over the top of the dry mix.
Mix it all together and let it cool. 
I just spread it out on some wax paper....

Let me know if you try this out :)
Happy Munching! Xo,

1 comment:

  1. Yum! (About the end product- not the boogers) hahahaa

    ReplyDelete

);