Saturday, July 19, 2014

Beautiful & Bald

     A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to be a part of an inspirational breast cancer shoot. It was so fun doing Amber's makeup. I loved getting to know her and her mother-in-law/hair-stylist, Annette. These two ladies were the sweetest. Just from the short time being together I could tell how supportive Annette is of her daughter-in-law.

I am touched by how positive and courageous Amber is, she really is an inspiration.

Amber is a wife and mother to 3-year-old twins, a boy and a girl. Amber was diagnosed with cancer in April. Since then she's had a double mastectomy and is currently undergoing chemotherapy treaments. She's been able to hold on to her hair longer than expected but still would lose it at any second so she's was planning to shave it.

Our talented photographer Kylee ann put everything together finding a stunning location and getting a beautiful Vera Wang gown from Bridal Brilliance Rental.

Here is Amber before...

These pictures say it all, going through them I got a bit teary eyed. Kylee did an amazing job capturing this story. 


When I was doing Amber's makeup I kept saying if anyone could pull off being bald, its you! This girl is gorgeous with or without hair. It makes me so happy that we all could come together and turn a sad situation into something beautiful!


Xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

);